Data Science Expert
What are we looking for?
IDcentral is looking for a well-qualified Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. Since we are one of the largest data repositories, we rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience with scripting and programming.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good-applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.