Talent acquisition is a planned process of identifying, assessing, and acquiring new employees. It starts with the intent to hire the best-performing resource in the industry. It is a carefully curated technique to fetch the best talent for organizational growth. And unlike general recruitment, it focuses more on quality over quantity.
Lately we have seen the growth of personnel being hired online, from the process of selecting the employees to the interview are all managed and processed online. Talent acquisition processes have plateaued in the digital transformation they need to provide the best employee assistance and experience during the employee onboarding process.
Digital Onboarding and Identity Verification play a huge role when it comes to ensuring secure employee onboarding, and with a quick and easy screening solution, the confidence in hiring the right person increases while customer experience too benefits with reduced fraud in the system.
What is the current state of Digital Talent Acquisition processes?
The Covid-19 pandemic brought a massive transformation in the hiring processes of Talent acquisition companies. Work from home found its ecstatic place in every industry. Many convenient ways to work like working from home, remotely working, and hybrid styles emerged.
And soon, the organization’s HR or Talent acquisition company realized its benefits.
- The remote work option can positively impact some employees’ performance and retention rates.
- It can prove cost-effective for the organization; they don’t have to spend on the vast infrastructure to accommodate large-scale employees.
- It opens up two arenas for Talent acquisition companies that otherwise would not have been possible.
- Hiring in any region of the country, so cuts geographic barriers.
- Skilled resources who cannot do ‘work from office’ for personal reasons.
- Hybrid work structures which require occasional visits to the office, are appealing to many professionals these days.
Therefore, Digital Employee Onboarding is the need of the hour which can cover all kinds of professionals working for the company. The traditional method of onboarding can be time-consuming and some cross-region online resources may have to travel to the workplace for training and documenting the process.
The Talent acquisition company can help the organization in setting up new hires’ digital onboarding and training processes.
It not only saves time but also reduces the manpower cost of training. It also provides flexibility to newly hired to grasp things at their own pace.
What are the challenges involved in Digital Talent Acquisition?
Like other industries, digitalization also brought many developments in Talent acquisition companies. It has instantaneously made the process paperless, and the support of online records saved a lot of time. Now talent sourcing, screening, assessing, and reporting everything thrives under digitalization technology. It is equally beneficial for recruits as they can review policies and procedures online.
Digital technology helps to identify the best candidates quickly and make more reliable hiring decisions. It also reduces the cost of employee onboarding as it majorly replaces hiring staff and paperwork—such data-based hiring decisions track down the most suitable talent for the role in the company.
However, they, too, are facing digitalization challenges.
- Fraudulent resumes being shared at the initial stage
- Identity fraud occurred when a different person gave an online interview while another person came to join.
- Sometimes what a candidate declares during interviews turns out to be false.
- As a recruiter or HR professional, personal information must be stored safely, securely, and compliant.
Adapting to Identity Verification technology will ensure that the right candidate is hired for the role. Identity checks help to hire with confidence in a compliant manner. At the same time, candidates know their information is safe and secure.
All industries have integrated layers of screening practices to recruit, especially to fill requirements for remote and hybrid openings. But HR is people-oriented, so a combination of AI and people will aid in hiring suitable candidates with the proper credentials.
How does Identity Verification helps Employee Onboarding?
The latest development in identity verification technology enables one to view a single source of verified truth, promoting transparency around a candidate’s background. It makes employee onboarding seamless and robust.
- start of the recruitment process, before the background check, collect accurate candidate data and pass on this information to the background check and other functions.
- Background checks include Identity Checks, Address Verification, Employment Verifications, Reference checks, Criminal Record checks, Education Verification, Court Record Verification, Credit Check, Social Media Verification, and Passport Verification.
So, it provides complete background checks for Talent acquisition companies, such as criminal or any legal offensive behavior, misrepresentation of employment, or education record.
AI techniques can also be utilized to calculate whether a person is a better hire than another person by investigating the criteria pattern you put in. The Biometric technique it uses ensures that there is no identity fraud and that the same person who got interviewed gets hired.
Identity Verification tools that can help Talent Acquisition Companies
Following multiple linked identity verification is essential, this ensures multi-step processes are compressed into a 5 second process and the information extracted will surely provide the required details about the candidate.
These methods include industry leading technology that involve AI and ML applications to quickly analyze faces, IDs, and the presence of a person in real-time. Some of the existing verification methods include:
Document Verification: Artificial intelligence is used to extract candidate information through the document submitted, though it is a fast and easy method but not the latest.
Facial Recognition with Biometric Matching: This is the best way to curtail any Identity fraud as it gives utmost security against forgery. Advanced technologies are used to match the ID document submitted with the candidate’s live photo taken.
Government Database Verification: Check a candidate’s biographic information or any other information against Credit Bureau Records. Which can help in understanding the past payment records from all credit accounts, including loan repayment to banks & financial institutions. To estimate the credibility of the candidate, it is considered by organizations.
Video KYC: KYC has always been an essential element of the candidate verification process. Over the years, it has progressed from KYC data records to Video KYC identification. It involves face-to-face interaction with the candidate.
The advantage of having Verified information about the candidate boasts the confidence of both HR and employees at the time of onboarding processes
It builds a stable and trustworthy information flow between the employee and HR. This is essential for industries such as banking or telecom, where employees work with sensitive data.
- Verified digital identity shapes the employee’s credentials, accumulated over the years, even if they work part-time/hybrid/WFH or remotely.
- An unplanned Identity verification at the time of hiring may invite an unpleasant experience during candidate onboarding or even have legal implications for the organization. So, to avoid any untoward incidence, it is better to be cautious in advance,
How IDcentral can help in the Talent Acquisition process
We have a team of experts who will integrate our Identity Verification solution with your businesses for a secured KYC process and eliminate fraud activities. Our proficient set of tools like immediate Identity verification, Biometric authentication, and an ID driven data extraction will enable your journey from going paperless document to well-verified digital hiring for your organization.
Hand over all your worries about new candidate data security and Identity verification. And focus on making the employee onboarding experience exuberant so that the association stays longer and stronger.
Video KYC is integral to biometric verification for an online interview. Please mention this. Liveness detection can also help to ensure the candidate giving an online discussion is not wearing any mask; facial recognition allows recruiters to identify a person with additional attributes like a beard, moustache, changed hairstyle, sunglasses, or extra mole… This part is the hero of the entire content; please write this with good points.